Thursday 15 February 2018





                Poem of the day

Liberated

By Jacquline Munro

Today I feel quite liberated
Invigorated
Captivated
By my new appearance
My body’s less enhancement
Of one breast less
My body feels enchanted
By the beauty of its disfigurement
Enveloped like a little package
Compared to the right breast enlargement
But I want you to understand
I feel liberated
Fascinated
Rejuvenated
When dressed
At the appearance of my contour
One big one small
Not understanding the excitement
A moment in time
that my inner feeling enjoys
The endurance of cancers complex eccentricity
Is like a relationship with uncertainty’s
Even though I await
The results
If I am cancer free
I still feel liberated
Controlled and embracing
My new body
I am happy free
A somebody
                  Not a nobody         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem - I write to create