Thursday 15 February 2018





                                                                    Poem of the day
One breast less

By Jacquline Munro

The operation has been performed
Something that in a life time
You will never think will happen to
One or more
After being marked up and prodded
The hardest thing was the pain block
Expertly placed and pushed into my back
Was the only time I bawled
I wanted to leave run away
Crawl out of the theatre
By the side door
Was my decision right
To remove my left breast tonight
The anaesthetist took over
The last and the first to be seen
And I was wheeled onto the ward
Not knowing what
The morning will bring
When I touched my left breast
Which was my best
When breastfeeding it was
The pudding breast flavours
She caressed
But today I am frightened
To look at it
As there is nothing there
Examination from the surgeons
Delighted with their works
Inflation to start in January
I have got over the worst
Lots of pain
But controlled by a switch
So I will rest
That is my ordeal
                                                         Of the removal of my left breast       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem - I write to create