Thursday 15 February 2018



             
Poem of the day
A minute or two

By Jacquline Munro

Let me just take a minute or two
Maybe to reflect
The things I’m going through
Yes let me stop and breath
Take in the motions that are real
Understand the complexity
Over-stand the simplicity
Of the spiritual side of me
Appreciating without debating
Why or how this could
Should
Or maybe why me
Not analysing life’s tragedy
As it is what it is
And I will still praise
The almighty who always forgives
Let me take out a minute or two
To appreciate who I am
As the I am
Is forgotten wrapped up in life’s monstrosity
which blocks the universal outreach
To hear the heart beat
To hear the breath we take
To hear the silence when the morning breaks
To hear the inner me
Not the radio
Not the television
Not the mobile phone
Distraction which is so judgementally appeased 
Meaning nothing
To my inner home
Which we can only touch base
When we are on our own
Let me take a minute or two
And give thanks and praise
          To the real me
                   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem - I write to create