Thursday 15 February 2018



     
                     Poem of the day
Lost memory
 
By Jacquline Munro
 
Have you ever lost your memory
And don’t know where you are
Don’t remember your address
The name of your street
If the walls were brick
Or concrete
Have you ever looked
Around you
And think why am I here
What am I meant to be doing
What am I meant to be saying
My mind is betraying
My memory is fading
Struggling
Diminishing
Demolishing
This new feeling is amazing
Frustrating
Soul searching of who I am
Am meant to be
Now not then
Have you ever tried to have a thought
The thought is empty
The emptiness is compressed
But I don’t feel like a mess
I don’t feel I should contest
Or protest
With my lost memory
It’s like holding
Onto sugar
In a hot tub of mucus
Which is useless
Have you ever lost your memory
I have
Maybe it’s time to move on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem - I write to create